Last Updated Effective Date: 1/10/2020
Universal Terminology Definition
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Cubitize. We are committed to protecting your personal information and right to privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
When you visit our website and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
What Personal Information Do We Collect From The People That Visit Our Blog or Website?
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, email address, and phone number. We also collect information you provide to us on the Acquisition Request Form in order for us to complete your chatbot setup.
We collect personal and required information that you voluntarily provide to us in several ways. When:
- Expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services - examples include submitting your inquiries via email, our contact us form, and/or your interactions with our chatbot.
- Participating in activities on the website - these include posting reviews or testimonials on our products.
- Filling out the Acquisition Request Form to finalize your chatbot setup - this includes all required and optional fields in order for us to configure, optimize, and install your chatbot on your website. Examples of the types of fields you submit to us on this form are invoice number, avatar styles (logo, 3D, animal, or human), your preferred language, your preferred customized chat scripts (e.g. stating that you want the chatbot to collect names and emails from your visitors), company logo, name of the avatar, your preferred colors, and the overall presentation (look and feel) of the chatbot (e.g. whether you want it to be animated and play in the background silently, positioned on the left, right, or middle, minimized upon startup, etc.)
- Filling out the upgrade request form to change plans - this entails upgrading from one plan to another to get access to more features. For example, in the beginning, to test the waters, you might elect in the basic plan and then upgrade to pro when your needs change. In order to process the upgrade, you first have fill out the upgrade request form, which asks information about your current plan and the type of plan you want.
All information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
All information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any information of any kind. However, your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the website.
Do We Collect Information From Other Sources?
In Short: We may collect limited data from third party sources mainly for advertisements, web analytics, reporting, and better understanding online activity.
As a third-party vendor, we use Google for AdSense Advertising on our website and Google Analytics first-party cookies for data analysis.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Please review them here. Additionally, users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page here.
Please note, we do not transfer personal information to Google.
However, if you do not want any information to be collected and used by tracking technologies like Google, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page. You can also opt out of the Google Analytics service by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use your information collected on our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We may use the information we collect or receive when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, post a review, or use certain other site features:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For any promotional type or newsletter email, you'll always have the option of opting-out for future mailings by clicking on an unsubscribe link.
- To post external customer product reviews with your express Consent. If reviews of our products were originally made outside our website, we will ask for your express consent to use your review on our website. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, original/updated testimonial, and contact information.
- To post internal customer product reviews with your implied Consent. A review made on our products directly on our website grants us your implied consent to use your review without prior express approval. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, original/updated testimonial, and contact information.
- To complete your chatbot configuration and setup for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. In order for us to install the chatbot product on your website, we need your consent and cooperation by filling out information on the Acquisition Request Form. Without it, we cannot complete your order.
- To complete any plan upgrades for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. In order for us to upgrade you from one plan to another, we need you to fill out information on the upgrade request form. This is optional depending on your needs. You aren't required to upgrade any plans.
- To request feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To respond to your inquiries for Business Purposes. We may use your information if we need to answer your inquiries or suggestions relating to our products, services, and the overall content of our website to improve the customer service experience.
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems or technical difficulties for Business Purposes. We may use your information to remediate a customer dispute and diagnose or repair a problem, bug, timeout, or other technological glitch related to our website in case you can't access the content or your postings.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our website's efficiency and operation, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We do not use Malware Scanning.
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
However, please note, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information because the Internet itself is not 100 percent secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with our vendors, third-party service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, autoresponder email delivery services, hosting and security services, optimization, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our website, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. We will take commercially reasonable efforts to cause these third parties to agree to hold your information in confidence or to disclose information only to third parties that we believe in good faith have instituted and follow privacy and security policies that are acceptable to us. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. Certain vendors and third-party service providers have their own privacy policies in respect to the information you are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For any vendor or third-party service provider who store your information, we highly recommend that you read their privacy polices so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale or reorganization of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners for the purpose of conducting general business analysis and creating an "audience to offer you certain personalized products, services or promotions.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting reviews on our products) or otherwise interact with public areas of the website, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the website in perpetuity.
What Is Our Stance On Third-Party Websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with our vendors and/or third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
Our website may have advertisements from third party websites or embedded third party links in the form of external links which may link to other outside websites. We also have sharing icons/buttons inviting you to socialize and share your participation and the products we offer on this website with social media platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Reddit, Webtalk, YouTube, and Pinterest. By clicking on this buttons, you'll be allowing interaction with these platforms externally from this website.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
What Is The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA)?
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our website anonymously
Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How Does Our Website Handle Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
In Short: We honor DNT signals.
Some Web browsers incorporate a "DNT" feature that signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked.
We honor DNT signals and DNT, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
Do We Allow Third-Party Behavioral Tracking?
In Short: We allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Do We Collect Information From All Age Groups In Relation To The Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the COPPA puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission and United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of website visitors, including children. This website is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent's use of the website.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you are a parent or guardian who has become aware of any data we have collected from your child under age 13 without your permission, we will remove the information from our database at your request.
To request the removal of your child's information, please contact us below under the section titled "How Can You Contact Us About This Policy" and be sure to include in your message the same information that your child submitted.
How Can You Opt Out From Email Marketing Or Future Correspondences?
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the emails we send or by contacting us under How Can You Contact Us About This Policy below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
Contact us form: https://cubitize/contact-us
17020 Chatsworth St. #1066
Granada Hills, CA 91344
United States of America
Email: [email protected]